Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mommy is Funny

What a weekend. After all the traveling we did earlier this week, we hung out at home this weekend. Joe had to work, so we tried to have quality time together in the morning. Saturday I made meatloaf and broccoli casserole for lunch so we could have a family meal. It was the first time Ramona had ever had it and she loved it as expected. (Broccoli, rice, and cheese are some of her favorite foods. Put them together and how can you lose?) We hung out the rest of the day, playing together and having fun.

This morning Mony and I played in the bedroom until 9:30, when we woke up Joe. He made us breakfast and then we all went swimming. Ramona has been a super splasher in the bathtub lately, so she was enjoying the pool a lot today. Then we came home and ate food and played some more. Joe went to work and Ramona and I went for three different walks tonight. The last one ended at the playground where she had a blast on the swings. Then we came home and played on the floor. She thought my peek a boo was hilarious tonight.



It was one of those weekends that made me wish I could be a stay at home mom. I never thought I would be one or want to be one, but sometimes I just wish I could spend all my time with her. Of course I love having a job and making my own money, so I know I would miss that a lot if I were to stay home. But days like today make it really hard to know I have to wake up and go into that office tomorrow. Who couldn't use more Ramona giggles in their day? Of course, I'm glad that Joe and I both have jobs and can provide a stable comfortable life for her. And even better, she spends all her time with at least one of us. But some days I like to dream of Joe winning the lottery and us all spending all our time together. Today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment