Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm Back!

Next week is the last week of classes. I'll have some free time again, so I'm hoping to be able to blog a bit more. I've been avoiding the internet lately. (Every once in awhile I go through a period where I'm just sick of the whole deal and try to stay away for awhile and just read and and craft and what have you.) But, I'm getting better about it now.

A lot has changed since the last time I wrote. I turned 28; Ramona turned 2.

Joe and I decided to try for another baby asap after the wedding. We both assumed it would take a little while (I mean, when you're actually trying, it's hard, right?) But, no, I got pregnant right away, that first month. So, the new baby should be here by the end of June. I'm 12 weeks now. My first ultrasound is Monday, and I meet my midwife on Wednesday.

I've been really nervous about miscarriage this time for some reason. I think just because getting pregnant was so easy. With Ramona, I was sure everything would be fine. This time, I've been almost paranoid. So, I'm really looking forward to the ultrasound and am hoping they'll tell me that everything looks amazing. This pregnancy has been a lot harder than Ramona's. I wasn't sick with her at all, and I've thrown up more times than I can remember this time. But I'm almost in that second trimester, and I'm starting to feel better already. In my second trimester with Ramona, I almost forgot I was pregnant until she started kicking. Hopefully it will be similar this time. I really can't wait to feel the baby move. It was my favorite part of being pregnant last time.

A lot of people have asked if I want a girl or a boy, and I honestly don't care this time. With Ramona, I really wanted a girl. Now I have a girl, so it's not a big concern. We plan on having three kids, so this one can go either way and it's not a big deal to me. But if it's a girl, I'll probably hope for a boy for the last one. I'm actually going to be really excited either way. I mean, another girl would be awesome. And a son would be really cool. Ramona talks about "brudders" all the time, so I think she would like it to be a boy. (At the library a couple weeks ago, she walked up to an older kid and said, "Hi, big brudder!" like five times. The kid was a good sport about it, and thought it was pretty funny.)

Ramona is really into saying hi and bye to everyone right now. When we're out in public she wants to say hi to everyone she sees. She's also really good at inadvertently insulting people. We were at Target recently, and I was hardcore wanting a soft pretzel, so we went to the food counter and I got a pretzel for me and a popcorn for her. There was a little girl who was probably a year older than her in line as well. I put Ramona down to look around and she walked up to the girl and said, "Hi, baby!" The girl responded with, "I'm not a baby!" and looked at her Mom and said, "That baby said I'm a baby!"

This is also bleeding over into bedtime. Before she goes to sleep, she has to say goodnight to everyone person she can think of, including television characters. It takes forever.

There are a ton of other cute things she's been doing lately, but I'll save it for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment