Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm the Wii-nner!

Joe and Ramona got me a Wii and a Wii Fit Plus for Mother's Day! Joe let me open it early. The Wii Fit Plus came in and the Wii isn't here yet, though, so I can't use it yet. I'm super excited! I knew this whole having a baby thing would pay off eventually. (Kidding, of course.) But I am really pumped up to try it out. You can put in your stats and your baby and pet stats, too, so I'm looking forward to have a little virtual family on the Wii. I have been complaining about how hard it is to work out since whenever I'm not at work, Joe is usually at work so I have to be home with Ramona. We go on walks all the time, but that's about it. So Joe, (I mean Ramona, Joe told me this was all her idea) thought it would be nice for me to have something I can do at home after Ramona goes to bed at night.

Anyway, it was especially cool because Joe and I rarely surprise each other at holidays. Usually we just pick something out and the other one buys it. But I surprised Joe pretty well back at Valentine's Day with a food processor. (Pleasantly surprised- he really loves it, I swear!) And I had no clue this was coming. Of course, this puts a lot of pressure on me to really deliver for Father's Day, but I've been thinking about it for awhile and decided to buy Joe a bike. He got me one for Christmas, and this way we can get a child seat or trailer so we can all ride together when Ramona's a little bit older. So I told him to start looking and pick one out. No surprises for Father's Day, but at least he'll get the one he wants.

On a completely different note, I spend a good portion of each weekend taking pictures of Ramona. I've been trying to get a good picture of her tooth, but haven't had much luck. But the picture below is pretty cute and if you look closely you can see that the bottom left side of her gum has a white spot. In person the single bottom tooth gives her an adorable little monster look.
Joe and I were also talking about how lucky we are that we have kids now when digital cameras exist. We take so many pictures of Ramona, and I can't imagine paying to develop them all. Of course, we probably wouldn't take so many if it wasn't digital, but we probably wouldn't get as many good ones then, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment