Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ni Hao, Kai Lan!

In anticipation of Ramona being able to comprehend what I watch on television, I have started putting only child friendly tv shows on when we are together. Basically, we either watch sports or Nick Jr. As such, I constantly have the theme song from Ni Hao Kai Lan stuck in my head. It's very catchy. I don't know how often I'm sitting at my desk thinking, "Let's tiger tiger ROAR!" The Wonder Pets are also constantly banging around in my brain as well. I really need to start making sure I bring my Zune to work so I can listen to something else and not totally lose myself to mommy Meggie already.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I think that was one of the hardest things to deal with. Who am I? Becoming a mom just seemed like a huge change. It was like I was going to develop a new personality and do something completely different and I really didn't know how I was going to end up. I mean, my mom really devoted herself to us when we were kids and I couldn't imagine giving any less to my kids. (Really, sometimes I feel bad for Ramona because she has to have me for a mom and I got to have my awesome mom.) But I still wanted to be me, only better (and more child friendly.)

I think I've achieved that. I'm really taking care of myself a lot better than I have in long time. I've been eating really healthfully, brushing my teeth twice a day, showering on a regular basis, and occasionally even dressing like a real person! I still want to work on some things, but over all I think I've done pretty well at balancing Megan and Mommy. And someone else thinks so, too:

"Ma, you so crazy! I think I wanna be yo baby!" **What a mom, what a mom, what a mom, what a mighty good mom- a mighty mighty good mom!** (If you think that's good you should hear my other hits. Joe calls me the Weird Al of baby related songs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment