Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Superstar!

Nothing encourages my delusions of grandeur like this baby. Today when I got home from work, she actually squealed with delight at the sight of me. Like I'm freaking Justin Bieber or something! How awesome am I? Super awesome! Someone literally bounces up and down in anticipation of me smiling at them. If you didn't know it was a baby, you'd probably think I'm pretty cool, huh? It makes me feel great that she loves me so much and gets so excited to spend time with me. The feeling is always short lived, though, because she immediately puts me in my place by showing as much enthusiasm as she has for me for one of the cats. Or the ceiling fan. Or DJ Lance Rock.

Ramona is pretty much in love with DJ Lance. For those not in the know, DJ Lance is the main character on the children's television program Yo Gabba Gabba! Ramona and I watch Yo Gabba Gabba pretty much every day. It's the only show she gets into. I DVR it and we watch it together in the evening and dance to all the songs. And when DJ Lance is on the screen Ramona lights up like a barbeque on the fourth of July. Joe said she even squealed TWICE for him yesterday when they watched it.

So I'm not as cool as DJ Lance, which I guess I'm ok with. I would like to plead my case for being cooler than ceiling fans, though. I'm a sentient being, which is way cooler than being an inanimate object. And I'm cooler than Lars, because she peed on Ramona's Ugly Dragon today. I'm probably not cooler than Danzig, though. Oh, well. I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment