Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Having a Plan

So, I was reading another blog today and the writer posted a list of goals for the next five years. I realized that I had accomplished some of the goals on her list, but hadn't really taken as much pride in accomplishing them as I should have at the time. So, I figured I'd make my own list so that I can announce it when I cross off the items and truly enjoy my accomplishments. I wanted to make sure I had physical, mental, travel, financial, and life goals. Here they are:

Life goals-
Move back to the midwest- this is pretty self explanatory. I really want to move closer to my family and friends and get back into "the real world" for awhile.
Get married- I will probably do a long post going into the whole marriage deal in the near future, but it is something that I'd like to do.
Have another baby- We want at least two kids and I'd like to have them pretty close in age, so hopefully we'll have another one in the next couple years.
Finish the Brew Blanket- I still have 30-some shirts to go, but I can do it!

Financial goals-
Buy a house- I want to own a home, preferably be able to put 20% down and do a 15 year mortgage so I can have it paid off around the time the kid(s) graduate
Retirement Investing- Meet with a financial adviser and come up with an "official" retirement plan

Physical goals-
Run a half marathon in less than 2 hours 45 minutes- Honestly, that's pretty slow, and I know I can do it if I actually train for once. Joe thinks I can do better than 2 hours 30 minutes, but I'll stick with my more realistic goal for now.
Do a chin up- This is really dumb, but I've never done a chin up in my life. I have pretty much no upper body strength. I'd really like to do it to prove to myself that I can.
Go ice skating- I've just never gone ice skating and I want to try it. It's not much of a challenge, but it's something I want to do.

Travel goals-
Cruise the Caribbean- I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean, and for some reason I've always wanted to go on a cruise. I like the idea you get to pretty much hang out at a hotel that takes you to interesting places.
Go to Denver- I think it looks cool. There's a ton of microbreweries and I could take Joe skiing. he's never been so I think it would be fun.
Eat lobster in Maine- I like lobster, and I think Maine looks super beautiful.

Mental goals-
Finish my Master's degree- I can definitely do this. It's just a matter of time and money
Become CPA certified- I'm not positive this is something I'm going to do, but I think it would be a good idea to at least look into.
Work on my French skills/possibly Spanish- Nothing wrong with some foreign language skills.

So that's it. Hopefully 31 year old Megan can look back on this list and say, "I did it all! I'm awesome!" And maybe I'll finish this all and get started on some new goals.

Today's cuteness:
She's working on waving.

She cut her fifth tooth today. She's been eating a lot of new foods lately. All kinds of new excitement.

2 comments:

  1. My little guy cut his 5th tooth like two days ago!! How old is your little one?

    ReplyDelete