Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Mommommommommom!

Ramona has started saying mama. She in no way means it to refer to me, but I love it anyway! She is growing in every way, but my favorite is the way her socialization skills have been blossoming lately. She is getting more vocal and laughs whenever Joe or I laugh. She is so smiley and happy. She watches us when we talk and pays attention to how we interact. She loves listening to songs and dancing. And she adores her big kitty sisters. I think she wants to be a kitty. She gets super excited when I sit her on the kitty tower and Joe has caught her trying to eat cat food twice this week. Tonight I was making a sandwich and Lars and Danzig came in to beg for lunch meat and Ramona crawled in right behind them.

Can I be a kitty, too?
(Yes, we have a water cooler in our kitchen.)

Tonight I called my mom to see about Erin being able to come out and go to San Diego with us next month. She answered the phone and said, "Oh, your grandma is here, too!" My grandma lives in Columbus, so usually if she comes up to visit there is a purpose behind it, so I asked what they were doing. I could swear she said, "We're doing some grass!" I was confused to say the least. I asked her to repeat herself. "We're doing graphs. We're making our own graphs. You know, for cross stitch?" Oh. I told her what I thought she said. "Nope, we're still old ladies." She cracks me up. But doesn't "doing some grass" totally sound like the kind of savvy lingo my mom would use (if she were to do such a thing, which I really can't imagine)? Anyway, I told her about Ramona's awesome new vocabulary word, but Erin was at work so she's supposed to let me know about her coming out here later.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot the most exciting thing to happen this week- Joe finally got rid of his car yesterday! Joe's car died last May on our way home from LA. It was revived long enough for us to get sort of stranded on the way home from Pahrump. Luckily, we live in a valley, and as the name implies, it is a downward voyage into the area, so we were able to coast home. I bought the new car in June and have been bugging Joe to get rid of the old car ever since (the transmission was messed up on it and it would cost more than it was worth to fix.) He assured me he would get rid of it before the baby was born. She'll be eight months next week and he finally got rid of it. I've been harassing him about it forever, and it's so good to see it gone.

Finally, here's a video of me and little fish watching The Wonder Pets. (I'm sure everyone thinks all we do is watch TV because of these videos, but I assure you, we do other things as well. It's just the TV watching videos are ready to go as is, and all the other ones I want to edit and play with first.) Anyway, this is one of us dancing together while we watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment