Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Holy cow

So today is the beginning of the Badwater Ultra Marathon. The farthest I've run is a half marathon (13.1 miles). The farthest Joe has run is a marathon (26.2 miles). This race is 135 miles. In Death Valley. Today. I couldn't run 135 miles in the most beautiful running weather possible. I can't imagine doing it today. Today it was a hundred degrees. Haha, just kidding, it was a hundred degrees when I went to work this morning at 7:45 am. It was between 115 and 120 at the high. Ramona and I are sweating to death in our air conditioned apartment doing nothing but laying around. And somewhere not far from us, crazy people are running 135 miles. Oh, did I mention the insane elevation increase over the course of this race? It's around 3,000 feet. Yeah. It makes you feel like a total jerk complaining about the heat when you know this thing is going on.

But it is crazy hot. Ramona seems to handle the heat pretty well. She pretty much lives in only a diaper. It's frustrating since she has so many cute outfits she's not wearing, but it's much more practical to let her hang out as close to naked as possible. When I get home from work I throw on the tiniest shorts I can find and still manage to get a heat rash. Joe just wears boxers most of the time (his only complaint about my sister visiting is that he has to wear pants.) I am soooo done with this weather.

It also looks like I'm not going to be able to go home in August like I want, but we'll see. My boss is going to let me know for sure, but as of now it's not looking too good. I doubt I'll be able to do anything in September either because I have a conference to go to so my schedule is already kind of weird. But it is a five week month, so I might be able to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment