Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

One More Week

This weekend is kind of boring. Joe's friend Steve moved back to Oakland this weekend and Joe drove him back, so Ramona and I are doing a girl's weekend. This is not half as fun as the last one because it's too friggin hot to leave the house. So we're vegging in the air conditioning and overdosing on graham crackers. Tomorrow is Joe's birthday, but he won't be back until the evening. We aren't doing much, but I'm paying for the San Diego trip, so that's kind of a birthday present. I'm also planning on sewing some patches on his jacket like he has wanted forever.

Today is one of those days where I'm pretty sure I could be replaced by a recording of "Ramona! No!" and it would be pretty much the same parenting experience for Ramona. I'm super cleaning the house (which I always do when Joe is away. I don't know why since it's harder to do it when he's gone because I have to keep an eye on Ramona while I work.) She is getting into everything. I swear she has go-go gadget arms. Whenever I think something is out of her reach she manages to stretch that extra couple of inches to grab it. And she definitely has figured out what no means. There are also three things she knows she is not supposed to do. I base this on the fact that she always looks at me to see if I'm paying attention when she does them, and when I inevitably say no, she throws herself on the ground and starts fake crying. The three things are 1) pulling on the cord that attaches the Wii or DVD player or Xbox to the TV, 2) eating cat food, and 3) trying to play with the fire extinguisher. She is starting to listen to me when I tell her no, which I enjoy. I enjoy it most when she does it without the fake crying part, but really, if she stops without me having to physically stop her, I consider it a victory.

Erin will be here Wednesday and I absolutely cannot wait. I have built this trip up like crazy and am so pumped! I have the following Monday and Tuesday off of work for San Diego and took Thursday off to take Ramona to the pediatrician for her 9 month check up and to take Erin to the airport to go home. I heart short work weeks. And, I'm going to talk to my boss about taking off August 16-20 to go visit back in Ohio. Plane tickets are actually fairly reasonable still, and I really want everyone to Ramona. Also, I'd by lying if I didn't admit that I'm looking for any excuse to get out of this heat for awhile! I need Joe to figure out if he can come or not so I can buy tickets. I think he should be able to come because they've hired quite a few more F&B employees lately, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment