Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Part Deux


The second morning we actually slept in for the first time since Ramona was born. It was glorious. When we finally got up, Erin and I went shopping while Joe and Ramona hung out. I bought a new bag (very cutesy stripes with rope like handles and a sparkly blue anchor on it) and we made plans to come back and buy other stuff. When we got back to the hotel, we went to Coronado Brewing. It was fairly easy to fine and there was no wait. I got a shrimp and pesto calzone and it was SO good. Erin got a steak and Joe got some kind of seafood sandwich. The beer was good, too. Joe and I each got two beers and sampled each others' beers, and everything we had was good. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Everyone liked their food and drinks, and Ramona was well behaved and helped eat some of my calzone crust.

We headed back to the hotel to get ready for the beach and then we were off to Ocean Beach. We set up on the north end of the beach which is a no leash dog beach, which was pretty crazy. There were tons of dogs, but they all were pretty good, so I wasn't worried about it. Ramona was just hanging out on the blanket and eating her shovel and putting sand in her mouth. We laid around for awhile and Joe took Ramona into the ocean, but the water was pretty chilly and it was kind of overcast so Erin and I just hung out in the sand. We left before long and went back to the hotel pool where the water was a little warmer. Ramona wasn't sure about the pool at first, but I showed her that she could splash in the water like she does in the bath and then she started enjoying it. Joe and I got some silly cocktails and we went out for pizza. Not long after that was bed time again, and once again I was pretty exhausted and totally ready for it.

To be continued again...

No comments:

Post a Comment