Monday, August 2, 2010

Rad Weekend

This was one of the best weekends I've had on property in a long time. Saturday Ramona got up early and I did not feel well. So around 8 I woke up Joe and made him a deal that if he let me go back to sleep for an hour, I would let him sleep as long as he wanted after that and I would clean the house while he was sleeping. Obviously, he couldn't refuse that awesome of a deal. But in proof that he's the awesomest guy around, he let me sleep in until 11:30. I really needed it. Ramona is a terrible sleeper and I always get up with her. Since I nurse her, I got used to being the one to get her, and now she expects me and sometimes gets upset if it's not me that gets her. Plus Joe usually works nights, so she isn't used to anyone being home at night but me anyway. I'm planning another post to talk about the sleep issue, so I'll just leave it at that for now, but needless to say, I've been pretty exhausted lately and that extra sleep was just what I needed.

Joe was also smoking a pork butt whilst I slept so we could have pulled pork for dinner. He had told our neighbors down the street that we were bbqing and that they could stop over so they came over in the evening and we talked to them and had a few beers and our dinner. They are expecting their first baby in January, and are supposed to find out the baby's gender this week, so we talked a lot of baby, but there was a lot of other stuff, too. Ramona actually went to sleep pretty easily that night (probably since she woke up so early) so that was a nice cap to the evening.

The next day we got up early and went to the pool before it got too hot. Ramona seems to enjoy the water. And it was perfect weather. I could've stayed there all day, but I didn't want Mony out in the sun for too long so we just stayed for an hour or so.
Joe made crab cakes and then we went to Luis' house to see his new puppy. Ramona wasn't too sure about dogs. His older dog Gypsy kept coming over to smell Ramona, and they simultaneously tried to lick each others' faces.
Then Ramona got kind of nervous about the dogs and it was hot so we came home. Ramona's sleep crawling was out of control and it was a really long night. Today I'm exhausted and am going to try to get her to go to sleep early, but she's dancing around right now and not showing any signs of feeling sleepy.

Success! She is asleep by 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment