Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Hyland's Teething Tabs- Myth or Legend?

So, all my mom friends (who are pretty few and far between) especially the hippie type ones (even fewer and farther) recommended these. They're "all natural" and are supposed to help your baby during teething troubles. As I mentioned in the last post, Mony is getting her first set of molars. She is doing really well, but since we were at Target and I saw the teething tablets, I figured I'd give them a try.

So I read the directions, and last night gave her one. You're supposed to do 2-3, but I figured I'd just do one and see how it goes. The directions indicated you were supposed to hold it under your tongue until it dissolves. How they expect you to relay this information to a baby is beyond me. I kind of let it dissolve on her tongue. We tried this right before bed.

Then the craziest, totally most unexpected thing happened. Ramona slept through the night. She hasn't done that since she was four months old. She went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 6:30am. I was thrilled. I slept until Joe got home from work and was climbing into bed (around 2am.) Usually by that point Ramona has woken up at least two times and is in bed with me. He was actually confused as to where she was. I think he thought she rolled out of bed or something. He whispered, "Where is she?" and I answered, "She's still asleep!" while thinking Shut up, don't ruin it! But she managed to sleep through Daddy getting home from work. That never happens. Joe and I actually got to cuddle together in bed. And sleep! Uninterrupted!

So, was it the teething tablet? Was it just coincidence? I don't know. But you can bet your ass I gave her one before bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment