Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Annual Review

I do this every year. Here's the 2010 version-

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Moved with a baby, lived at Joe's parents' house, worked for the government, visited San Diego, supported the family solo.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any. My goals for next year so far are to watch every movie Danny DeVito has ever been in, and to appreciate one of Joe's friends more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Beckey and Dan had Olivia, Rob and Lauren had Nolan

4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandpa just passed away.

5. What countries did you visit? stuck to the good ol' USA

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More time with family and friends, a comfortable happy life, confidence in general, and satisfaction with life as it is.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I don't have any days that I remember in particular. Maybe November 22 since it was my first day at my new job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my new job and moving home!

9. What was your biggest failure? It taking so long to find a new job.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. I got a quick stomach bug a couple weeks ago, but that was about it. I can't complain.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New furniture.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ramona! She is always impressing me with as she learns new things and becomes a person with her own thoughts and feelings.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one really. I guess it makes me upset to see people who are completely ungrateful for what they have and live with a sense of entitlement. But no one in particular comes to mind.

14. Where did most of your money go? Moving expenses. Between the actual cost of moving stuff and buying new things for our new place, we dropped quite a bit of cash on it.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My new job and moving home! It's nice to start a new job and learn new things, and I'm so glad I get to see my loved ones all the time.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Tobe's Got a Drinking Problem by the Street Dogs and Mony Mony by Billy Idol because those are Ramona's jams.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? much happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Appreciating what I have and learning new things.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining

20. How will you be spending New Years? No big plans. I think we're going to hang out with Joe's parents.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Stayed in love with my sweet little family

23. How many one-night stands? none

24. What was your favorite tv program? Top Chef, Louie, Mad Men, Yo Gabba Gabba.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope

26. What was the best book you read? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (not that it was that great, but I didn't read much since there wasn't a library in Death Valley.)

27.What was your greatest musical discovery? Yo Gabba Gabba's awesome songs

28. What did you want and get? A new job and a move to Ohio

29. What did you want and not get? Joe to have a job in Ohio

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Harry Potter

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I am 27. I ate breakfast, went to work and played with Ramona after work.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Moving home sooner, but I can't complain. Better late than never.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Lazy.

34. What/who kept you sane? My sister and Joe.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? DJ Lance Rock and Tim Gunn

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care.

37. Who did you miss? My BFF from the Grand Canyon, Ann

38. Who was the best new person you met? Nobody that exciting.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Know what you want and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment