Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Wow, well NYE wasn't too exciting. We took Ramona to see Tauno's mom and brother and then went to Joe's parents' house and rang in the new year with his parents, their friends, and his brother. It was nice, but I didn't take any pictures. I've gotten really bad about taking pictures lately and it makes me sad. I love going back and looking at old ones, so not having them really bums me out. So this brings me to my goals for 2011, which I'm pretty sure will be an awesome year.

1. Take at least one picture every day. It doesn't have to be a good picture or anything time consuming, but just a quick snapshot of Ramona doing something (even just eating lunch or watching TV or playing with her toys.)

2. Get married. We've been talking about it forever. We should probably get around to it at some point. But weddings are annoying. If you have a cheap one, everyone is like, "what a trashy wedding!" but if you have an expensive one it's like, "Oh, what a waste of money!" So, I don't know. I don't really intend to spend much money. I think it will be very Joe and Megan style- fun and happy, with people we love and care about. Basically, if you're going to rain on our parade, you're not invited. We were talking about September, but a friend of ours is planning their wedding for that same weekend, so we'll have to figure something else out. We'll see. No real planning has gone into this at this point.

3. Watch every movie Danny DeVito has ever been in. This one is for fun. It's pretty self explanatory. It's one of those goals that you make just so you can feel good about accomplishing something that wasn't that hard to accomplish in the first place.

4. Work out more. Now that I live somewhere that exercise is more feasible and Ramona is at an age where I can actually be away from her without feeling horrible about it, I should be able to work out more. I definitely will be able to go running in my neighborhood, and am planning on doing the 5k during the Toledo marathon this spring (possibly with Mony in a stroller.) I'd like to do another half at some point this year, but we'll see what happens with Joe finding a job and having money and whatnot. I guess I can always do something close to home, but traveling is part of the fun of running them.

5. Read more. I'm back in the land of libraries! Yay! Also, this is another thing where Ramona is now able to entertain herself enough that I can sit and read while she plays with her toys and not feel guilty about it. I believe in engaging your kids, and spending time with them and playing with them, but I also think kids need time to play by themselves and learn things on their own. I was pretty awesome at entertaining myself as a child and I think it's served me well in life. I also am excited to take Mony to the library and let her pick out books and have story time.

6. Appreciate more and judge less. I constantly remind myself how fortunate I am in life, but I don't always take the time to appreciate all those little things that make my life so awesome. I need to enjoy life more and really soak in the moments of happiness I have. I'm don't really seem that judgmental because my attitude is just eh, that's not my problem, but even though I don't make a big deal out of stuff, it doesn't mean I don't think it. I'd like to train my internal thoughts to be less bitchy.

7. Spend time with friends and family. I love these people, and they make me happy, but I don't always make them a priority. Life is short, I like having fun, why don't I make it my goal to spend as much time as possible with those who make me the happiest? Life will be better.

That's all I've got for now. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little overflowing with childish optimism this year, but the move I've been waiting so long for has me believing that life can be great and a big part of that isn't just happy coincidences. It's effort. It can be done if you want it to be done. Insert other positive affirmations here. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment