Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cutest Kid EVER

Ramona really killed me today. Before Joe went to bed, I gave him a hug and a kiss and said good night. She ran over and started pulling on our legs and yelling "A hug!" So we picked her up and did a group hug that she loved. Then I took her for a walk around Ottawa Park in her stroller and when we were done, I let her play on the playground. She picked a bunch of clover and brought it over to me and put it in my hand. "A flower!" I smelled them and said "mmmm, those smell good!" Ramona held them by her face and said "fffff fffff- mmmmm good! Yummy yummy yummy!" Then I pushed her on the swings and she laughed hysterically and said "Wheeeeee!" We came home, played, read stories, and danced to music. I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug. I said, "I love you." And then she said "I love you" for the first time and I was so overcome with emotion that I just started crying. And I'm crying right now thinking of it as I type! I don't know why. I mean, I know she's pretty much just repeating what I say and that it doesn't really mean anything to her. And she's shown how much she loves me a million times. But for some reason, hearing her say it for the first time just tugged my heart so hard. That is what being a mom is about. It's 98% thankless work that you do out of love, but those 2% of thank yous and I love yous are so worthwhile. She's just so amazing.

Sorry I'm being a bit dramatic. To lighten the mood, here's a picture of Ramona eating bacon with both hands at Uncle John's last weekend.
Also, I haven't been writing here as much the last few weeks because I've been doing a bunch of school stuff and have been wedding blogging. I'm writing as "Miss Cannon" on weddingbee.com. They just started posting my stuff today. I will be posting about friends and family in the context of wedding planning, so if anyone has any issues with that, let me know and I will not include your pictures or whatever.

Anyway, life is good. I start my second summer class next week, but it's online so it shouldn't be too bad. Wedding planning is coming along, and I don't have any complaints at this moment. Yay for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment