Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jeez

14 weeks until the wedding. Holy crap, I have a lot to do still.

School is kicking my butt right now- my new class has me doing at least 15 hours of homework a week- just for that class. And I still have my other class. And a full-time job. So, yeah, I am dying.

This weekend was pretty awesome, though. I did lots of homework, but we got to spend a lot of time with family, so it was nice. Friday, Joe, Mony and I went to the Strawberry Festival. It was fun. I mean, it's typical small town Ohio festival, but I enjoy that, so I'm glad we went. Ramona had her first funnel cake, first carny game, and first time hearing a live band. She like the funnel cake, won a ball, and drummed along the entire time.

Saturday we had a cookout with Joe's parents and then they watched Mony so Joe and I could go see the new X-men movie. I liked it a lot. We also went to a bar together in the first time in forever and had two beers. So, it was a nice little date. Then we brought Mony home, where she didn't go to sleep until midnight.

After that late night, she decided to get up at six in the morning (totally bizarre for her) and then she cried in the nursery the entire time I was in church because she was so tired. She finally fell asleep when we were walking around Fort Meigs. We met up with my parents for their Muster on the Maumee weekend and watched some demonstrations and walked around. It was nice, and it seemed like my dad enjoyed the Father's Day excursion. I did realize that being a little kid must be like being black out drunk. I mean, Ramona fell asleep in the car, and then she woke up to three adults dressed in period clothing playing music in a field she'd never seen before. I personally would have been like, "Oh my gosh- what is going on?" but Ramona was pretty cool about it. I guess you kind of expect that sort of thing when you're little.

After we got home, I made Joe lobster rolls for his Father's Day dinner. I had given him money towards his dream grill as his Father's Day present. It is now sitting in our basement waiting for assembly tomorrow. All in all, a pretty great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment