Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Decisions

This weekend has been pretty eventful. Friday night I worked on thank you cards for the wedding. It's one of those tasks that seems impossible and takes forever. I really want to send them out soon, so I have to just keep plugging away on them.

We had to decide whether to stay at our duplex for another year or to move. We like where we live (both the location and the actual building) and I think a two bedroom is fine for us (even with the new baby, there is plenty of room.) We were just looking around to see if there was something better, and we have had issues with our landlord in the past, so we were thinking about leaving. But, we decided to stay. Mostly because we hate moving, but also because we do genuinely like it here. Our landlord doesn't come around too often, so it's not a huge deal.

Saturday we went up to IKEA to get a big girl bed for Ramona for Christmas. We got the bed, but haven't got a mattress yet. I also got a few accessories for the house and some presents for Ramona as well. Kathleen came with us and got stuff for her wedding. It was fun to hang out with her for a few hours. Ramona was with Joe's parents for the day, so I worked on cleaning the house and did weird things, like spot-cleaning the couch, that I would never attempt with her home.

The plan is to finish unpacking a few boxes in our bedroom that we never bothered to unpack for the last year, then rearrange our bedroom and put the crib in there. Then, we'll set up Ramona's new bed in her room. I'm not sure when we'll move the baby back in with Ramona (or if we will before our lease is up here next year). It's going to depend on how well it and Ramona are sleeping then.

Saturday night we went to see The Muppet Movie with our friends, Cory and Kellie. *spoiler alert* Mickey Rooney is still alive! He did a cameo, so that was interesting. It was cute. I don't think it's going to become my favorite Muppet movie or anything, but it was enjoyable. I was kind of annoyed that it seemed to "cheat" with CGI instead of cool puppeting techniques a couple times because I'm lame. But, the songs were catchy and they did Rainbow Connection, so it made me smile.

Tomorrow I have my ultrasound so we can see the new baby. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment