Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lazy

There is so much to write about with all the holidays having passed, but I've been being lazy. Tonight Ramona is actually taking a nap, so I have time to kill, so I figured I'd throw a quick update here. Today was another pregnancy appointment. The midwife says everything is looking good and I set up my anatomy scan ultrasound for February 6. With any luck, we'll find out if Fetey is male or female then. (I started calling the fetus Fetey. What do you think?) Anyway, I started feeling its movements in the last couple weeks, so that is always fun. I'm 17 weeks and still not really showing, although I certainly feel bigger and my pants are getting tighter.

Ramona doesn't really understand that she will have a little sibling soon, but it's a pretty theoretical for someone her age, so I'm not too surprised. Honestly, it's hard for me to believe that we'll have a new baby here soon. I've been so hung up on thinking about all the crappy parts of having a baby that I haven't really let myself focus on the fun parts at all. But today at the doctor's office, I was in the examination room across the hall from the UTMC Babies board, (you know, that bulletin board full of pictures of babies delivered by the practice that every OB office has) and I suddenly remembered how cute babies are and how fun and exciting they can be. So I have been kind of floating around in baby excitement most of today, which has been nice.

I want to post about Christmas and New Year's, but I want to post pictures, which means I have to get the cameras up and running. So, maybe tonight, maybe not. The quick version is they were fun and we were happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment