Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Our family fun for this weekend wasn't very exciting (mostly just because we didn't do anything new.) Ramona and Joe went to the zoo on Tuesday with our friends Becky and Dan, and their daughter Olivia who is a few months younger than Ramona.

She has been talking about the zoo non-stop since, so Joe and I decided to take her again on Saturday. Joe made us waffles for breakfast, and then we headed out. I wanted to see the new baby lemurs (who are SOOO cute and definitely worth a trip there.) I didn't bring my camera and didn't even remember to bring my phone so I don't have any pictures of them.

That night we went to Joe's parents' house to make his mom a Mother's Day dinner. I felt bad because I wasn't very entertaining, but Ramona was, so it was okay. I was just really tired and not feeling well and spent most of the time laying around on the couch watching TV.

Sunday, we went to church, where Ramona cried in the nursery the whole time again. She gets herself so worked up over it even though it isn't a big deal. I feel bad about it, but what can I do? I'm dreading her Child's Day Out program in the fall because I'm worried she'll cry every time. Especially since it's at the church.

Then Joe cleaned my car for me, inside and out, and it was pretty awesome. I feel like such an adult when I get in my car and it's not filled with garbage. He even used our carpet cleaner to get all the gunk out from under Ramona's car seat. After that, we headed to Pearson Park (hitting a new metropark!) to let Ramona run around on the playground and take my annual Mother's Day picture. I don't think we really got any good ones, since Ramona was non-compliant (she was either too tired to look at the camera or too excited to play depending on what time it was.) Oh, well.



After that, we headed to my parents' house to visit for awhile. We went up to Drown's and got some ice cream and then just hung around. It was nice to see everyone and it was a pretty relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment