Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

6 Months

Today Ramona turned six months old. I can't believe she's been here for half a year. It's so crazy. On one hand it seems like she was born yesterday, and on the other, it feels like we've had her forever. She's so beautiful and sweet. She was really good at the doctor's today and showed off her new tooth. He said it looks like her second tooth is about to break out, too. I also gave her pears for the first time and she was a big fan. And the best news was that she doesn't have to have anymore shots until she's one year old. So all in all, a great day. Poor little lady was feverish from her vaccines again this time. Not too bad, but I gave her some tylenol and she went to sleep early tonight.

My trip to the dentist was not as full of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. He pretty much told me to stop eating lollipops in fact. He said I have some serious decay and need to take better care of my teeth. And my painful tooth gets a stupid root canal in two weeks. And then there is more repair work to do after that. So, I guess that's what happens when you don't go to the dentist for five year. Oh, well, at least it is getting taken care of by now.

Interesting crossover from dentist to pediatrician- the pediatrician told us to try to start Ramona on the sippy cup instead of a bottle soon because bottles are apparently bad for baby teeth. Who knew? So it's time to start looking at sippy cups. Of course I can't buy one until I get my new debit card, which was another huge mess today. Apparently some banking information at my bank was compromised so they voided everyone's debit cards, and had sent out the new ones a couple of weeks ago. However, they had my old address so I didn't receive it and had no idea what was going on. So, when I went to Ramona's pediatrician and tried to pay, my card was rejected. I just wrote a check (yes I'm old school enough to carry my checkbook) but was very confused. I called them when I got home and got it straightened out, but I probably won't get my new card for a week. Since I do almost all my shopping on line, it's going to be a loooooong week.

No comments:

Post a Comment