Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time is Flying

Holy cow, only three more days of work and then we're out of here. Today I've been a packing machine. I still feel like we're not even close to ready to go, but Joe will finish packing the kitchen and will pack his closet tomorrow. Then it's pretty much cleaning. We ended up hiring movers since it will probably be cheaper in the long run. They are coming either Tuesday or Wednesday and then Thursday Ramona, Danzig and I fly home and Joe drives home with Burghardt. I hope they have an Excellent Adventure, but I also hope they hurry up and get here because I start work on Monday. I'm kind of freaked out over how quickly things happen, but it also seems like it's taking forever.

We also have so much to do when we get there. First order is finding a place to live, then I have to get a cell phone again like a real person since I'll live in the real world. Joe has to find a job and then of course, I have to start getting Christmas figured out. I have bought nothing so far. Oh yeah, I need to buy new furniture. Our couches are so crappy we decided it wasn't worth it to bring them. So I've been hanging out on Ikea's website a lot. But as overwhelming as it feels, I'm crazy excited about it, too.

Ramona has no idea what's going on (of course) but I'm so excited to get home so she can spend time with her relatives and hang out with our friends' babies and have little baby friends. I'm going to sign us up for some toddler/mom classes at the YMCA. And we can get a place with a little more room for her to play.

She has been walking really well lately. And there are a couple things she's been doing that are super cute. Number one- she has started interacting with her baby doll. She picks it up and gives it a kiss and then promptly throws it on the floor and steps on it. (This makes Joe very jealous because she has yet to give him a kiss. I think it's his beard.) The other thing is a Daddy/Mony moment that is so adorable. I would video tape it, but I know it wouldn't be as awesome as it is in person (although I'll probably tape it anyway at some point.) I'm assuming Joe listens to non-baby music with Ramona during the day or something, but it's gotten to the point that she really loves the song "Tobe's Got a Drinking Problem" by the Street Dogs. She recognizes it as soon as it comes on and she gets a huge smile on her face. Joe always dances with her and throws her in the air. She cracks up! It is so unbelievably cute that I can't adequately describe the cuteness. It must be seen to be believed. I would like it more if it was a more baby oriented song, but at least there aren't any bad words. I need to get her Brats on the Beat so she and Joe can listen to that together. Hmm, maybe this Christmas shopping will be easier than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment