Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

We Are Here (well, some of us)

I'm going to make this short and sweet since Ramona is remarkably sleeping in and will probably wake up as soon as I start typing. We are in Ohio! It is weird and still feels like we're visiting, but I imagine things will seem a lot more real when I go to work tomorrow. The flight here was... well, not as bad as I'd feared but still not that fun. Danzig freaked out about being in her cat cage. Foaming at the mouth drooling everywhere freaked out. She also pooped like five minutes after we started driving, so we got that lovely smell. Ramona found Danzig's behavior hilarious and was laughing the whole first part of the trip.

We got to the airport and got Danzig checked in. (I would also like to note that it cost $200.00 to fly Danzig here in checked baggage, and my plane ticket was only $157.70. I believe that says something about the quality of air travel in coach.) I had to take her out of her carrier so the TSA agent could inspect her kennel, and she had been sitting in her own poo, so I got to have cat poo/pee foot prints on my shirt for the rest of the day.

On the plane, Ramona did pretty well. She was in a good mood when we got on and was giggling a lot. I was in the window seat, the seat next to me was empty and there was a woman around my mom's age in the aisle seat. Ramona was interested in looking out the window this time, which was cute. The woman was nice and didn't mind Ramona going up to her and grabbing her arm, which she did several times. She started getting cranky after awhile so I pulled out the portable DVD player and we watched an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba and then we read some books. After that she took an hour nap (which I was grateful for since I was running out of Ramona amusing tatics that one can do in an airplane.) We touched down on time and Joe's parents were waiting for us at the baggage claim. We picked up Danzig and got back to their house. Everyone is adjusting well. The first day or so Ramona and Danzig followed me around the entire time and freaked out whenever they saw Joe's parents. But last night they started getting used to everything. Ramona stayed with Joe's mom while I went shopping with my mom and sister yesterday, and that seemed to have helped Ramona get used to her faster.

Our movers, who were originally supposed to come Wedesday finally showed up last night. Joe and Andy started driving, and when I talked to him this morning they were outside of Albequerque, so they've got a good start. I can't wait for him to get here! I miss him so much, and worry about him driving (especially after hearing about my little sister's car totaling accident earlier this week from her falling asleep at the wheel.) I'm just glad Andy was able to drive in with him so he doesn't have to do it alone and has someone around so they can help keep each other awake.

I started the search for housing by checking out a rental house near Ottawa Park yesterday. It wasn't perfect, but it's a good price in a neighborhood I like and it's much better than what we're used to. I'm not concerned about getting a dream house since we're just renting, so I think it would work well. I have the application and I'm going to call and see about a showing for Joe when he is here. I'll keep looking at other spots, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment