Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

Honestly, I hadn't thought about the rehearsal dinner much. My original plan was just to find a place we could have a bonfire, a pony keg, and order some pizzas. But my plan for that wasn't coming through, so I started googling around for rehearsal dinner spots in Toledo. I ended up at some wedding message board where two possibilities that interested me were mentioned: El Camino Real and Pizza Papalis. I really wanted pizza and not to get too drunk the day before the wedding (and El Camino margaritas would definitely throw that out the window) so I asked Joe what he thought about Pizza Papalis for the rehearsal dinner. It didn't take much to talk him into it. So, we're going to contact them this week and see if they are available that night for a banquet. It looks pretty reasonably priced for what we're expecting to do, but I don't know if there is some sort of hidden rental fee that I don't know about yet, so we'll see if it's worthwhile or not. As of now, it seems like our best bet.

I'm also really excited to get the catering set up. It's the only really big thing left and I want to get it out of the way so I can start focusing on the smaller details like invitations and clothes and stuff like that. I have a pretty good idea of what I want my dress to look like and my grandma has agreed to help me make it! I'm pretty excited but also pretty nervous because I haven't sewed anything in a long time. But I know my grandma will make sure it looks good, so I'm not too worried. My bridesmaids have agreed on a date to meet up for dresses and already have a pretty good idea of what they want, so I'm hoping that goes pretty smoothly. I'm finally starting to feel like this is really going to happen. The planning just never seems to end. I'm guessing that although people are happy to be getting married, the real reason people smile so much at their wedding is because all the planning is FINALLY over.

No comments:

Post a Comment